Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Power of the Pen

I may be prejudice here since I am a writer and have made a living by my skill so of course I'm going to say there is power in the pen. But beyond that the power that the pen has when speaking of weight loss is that you know for sure what you have done from the exercises you do to the calories you consume. In the past, I have been a bit obsessed about writing every little bitty thing down and the result was that I burned out.

This time around, I'm trying to be a little laid back about documenting my journey through weight loss. I have a chart on the back of my door where I put a star when i complete an exercise or some other thing that I'm requiring of myself.

Be aware of what you are eating. Never eat mindlessly because that is when we get in trouble. Or if there is a time when your jaws are restless, you can have a bag of celery or carrots to chew away on mindlessly.

The pen does have power because when you see on paper what you have actually eaten, it may be much more that you would have guessed. So if you do not write down everything you eat then develop an eye for amounts. It is so important to keep your "food radar" on at all times. Be aware so food doesn't get the upper hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment