Friday, July 9, 2010

My Weight Management Campaign

Every time I begin to lose weight, I get inspired to write a book to record my experiences and to be an encouragement to others who decided to launch on this same campaign. Then I get all engrossed in my plan and my failures and successes and just decide it's easier to not rationalize about it in a book.

It seems sometimes that I fail more than I succeed but then maybe that is just my perspective. I am of the persuasion that I'm failed unless I've totally completed my goal. But I got a good piece of advice last week. If I'm that type of person then I need to create very small goals.

That seems simple enough but it isn't when it is about weight loss -- my greatest challenge. I've succeeded in a great many endeavors in my life but for some reason long-term weight loss just continues to slip through my fingers.

In 2007, I set out to lose weight and went after it with a passion. I created my own plan, did surveys online to find out how many calories I needed to eat and how much cardio I needed to do. I lost weight and over the next 18 months, I lost 55 pounds. Then I suddenly I was totally burned out. Did not want to exercise, did not have any drive to get to the gym and was careful about my food plan but not rigid.

The weight began coming back immediately and by 2010, I had gained back 45 of the 55 pounds I had lost. What do I do now? Well, there is only one thing to do. Put a plan together and begin executing it.

My daughter and her boyfriend announced their engagement and when I looked at myself later in the day, I scowled at myself and said, "No way, are you going to be a fat mother of the bride.

It is 21 months till the wedding and I have been on my Weight Loss Plan (WLP)for one month. I've lost 4 pounds. I've also learned a lot and am settling in for the long haul. I'm on a marathon so I'm starting out slow and steady.

Follow me on my journey and give me your thoughts. If you are reading this and you also need to lose weight, join me in the march to a healthier lifestyle. Let's share our successes and enjoy each other through our disappointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment